By now you are well aware that mobile marketing is no longer
just a trend. These devices are here to stay and are not only
changing the way your guests communicate, but also how
they make buying decisions.
We compiled this list to emphasize the impact mobile will
have on your marketing strategy and possibly use these stats
to help you prioritize your mobile marketing efforts.
Mobile Industry Stats
1) By 2015, 81% of U.S. cell users will have smartphones
(Source: Goldman Sachs)
2) By 201, 54% of all phones globally will be smartphones.
(Source: IHS iSuppli)
3) 78% of guests say they carry and use their mobile devices
all the time while traveling.
4) 25% of international media and marketing executives see
mobile as the most disruptive force in their industry.
(Source: AdMedia Partners)
5) Mobile internet usage is projected to overtake desktop
internet usage by 2014.
(Source: Microsoft Tag)
6) 55% of mobile owners access mobile web daily.
(Source: Pew Research Center, 2012)
7) 74% of consumers will wait 5 seconds for a web page to
load on their mobile device before abandoning the site.
8) 61% of customers who visit a mobile unfriendly site are
likely to go to a competitor’s site.
9) If all US mobile internet time was condensed into an hour,
25 minutes of it would be spent on email.
(Source: Return Path)
10) Mentioning a location in mobile ads and search results
can increase click-through rates up to 200%.
11) 17% of people make a purchase after a mobile search.
12) 53% of American consumers use their smartphones to
access search engines at least once a day
13) Search queries from tablet increased by 23%
after Christmas day 2012.
14) 4 out of 5 consumers use smartphones to shop.
(Source: comScore, 2012)
15) 34% have made a purchase using their mobile phone
compared to 19 percent in 2011
(Source: DC Financial Insights, 2012).
16) Mobile booking to grow from 11.9 million bookers in 2012
to 36.3 million in 2016.
Mobile Social Media
17) Over 1/3 of Facebook’s users access Facebook Mobile;
50% of Twitter’s users use Twitter Mobile.
(Source: Microsoft Tag)
18) 60% of Facebook posts and 90% tweets are all conducted
from a mobile device.
19) By 2015 brands will be generating 50% of their web sales
through social media and mobile platforms with a projection
of $30 Billion
20) The average mobile social media user is on 2.7 hours a
Mobile has outpaced every other form of technology. In the
very near future, mobile will not be an option and your
guests will begin to hold this as a standard.
Mobile marketing is forcing you to change your marketing
What are you doing to engage your guests on their mobile